To Do for PEACE (100 easy & quick daily thinking and action exercises)
** Pick and choose the ones you want to do (in
any order). Do one a day for at least 7 days. Keep going for 14 or 21 days or more if you can.
Write or draw (or tell someone) your answers. Be sure to keep your answers positive. You
may want to ask other people to find out their answers. If you skip a day, just keep going. Strengthen your compassion.
Build your “peace muscles”! What you think and do matters! We grow stronger in what we practice!
What does the word “peace” mean to you?
What is one way a person can be kind to another person?
Tell about a time that you have been kind to someone.
What is one way a person can be kind to animals?
Tell about a time that you have been kind to animals.
Think of a time someone has been kind to you. What did they do?
7. Think of a time when someone has helped you. How did they help you?
8. How do you feel when someone is kind and helps you?
9. How do you feel when you help someone? Why do you
think you feel that way?
10. When you see someone smile,
how do you feel?
11. How can you show someone
that you care about them?
12. What helps you feel calm
and happy? What did you see, hear, smell, or feel today that made you feel calm and relaxed? When and where was it and
why did it make you feel that way?
13. How do you feel
when you get a hug?
14. Can animals be kind?
Tell about a time that an animal has been kind.
Some children in the world do not have enough to eat. How can we help them?
16. Some older people are alone and do not have anyone to help them. How can we help them?
17. How can we help children who are sick and need someone to talk
18. What are you thankful for today?
19. Why are friends important?
20. What is one thing you can do to show your family how much you care about them?
21. Do you think that picking up trash is a way to be helpful and
22. How do you feel when you get a
nice note or letter from someone?
23. How do you show
it when you are happy? What happened today that helped you understand another person’s feelings? Where were
you? What did you find out? How did it make you feel?
24. What if someone wears different clothes than you? How do you get to know that person? What
is the kind thing to do?
25. What if someone talks
differently than you? How do you get to know that person? What is the kind thing to do?
26. What if someone thinks in a different way from you? How do you get to know that
person? What is the kind thing to do?
about something you did today that is kind.
a picture about peace and kindness.
29. Do you think
that saying “please” and “thank you” are ways to be kind? Why?
30. What is a promise? If you make a promise, is it kind to keep your promise and do
what you say you are going to do? Why?
is one way you can help your teacher or parent?
Find a book with a story about someone who is kind. What is the title of the book? What is the story about?
33. Watch others today and find someone
being kind to someone else. Tell about what the person did. How did it make you feel?
34. Do something kind today. Tell about what you did.
35. Help someone today. Tell about what you did.
36. Tell about something that a friend has done to make you feel happy.
37. Tell about a time when you felt safe and calm and happy.
38. What helps you relax?
Find out and write down the name of a person who is famous as a champion of peace.
40. Fill in the blank: “I am a champion of peace because ________________________.”
41-50. What did you do today to be kind and helpful?
51. Who is your champion of peace? Why?
52. What is the Nobel Peace Prize?
Name a person who has won the Nobel Peace Prize? What did that person do?
54. Where do you find peace?
does the word “empathy” mean?
does empathy have to do with peace?
57. Look up the
word “peace” on the Internet and see what you find. Write down an interesting website or link to an interesting
article about peace.
58. Look up the word “empathy”
on the Internet and see what you find. Write down an interesting website or link to an interesting article about empathy.
59. Read an article about peace or empathy. Write down the
title of the article and one thing you learned.
Write a poem about peace.
61. Find a song about peace.
What is the name of the song? What is the message of the song?
62. How do you say peace in another language than your own?
63. How would you say the word “peace” in sign language?
64. What day is the International Day of Peace?
65. What is the name of an organization that works for peace? What does the organization
66. What is the name of an organization that helps
provide food to people in need? Where is the organization located?
67. What would happen if every person did things each day for peace?
68. What does the word “compassion” mean?
69. What is the “Charter for Compassion”??
70. What is a famous treaty? Did the treaty help peace? If so, how? If not,
71. Find a news article about peace?
What is the name of the article?
72. Do you
think there are more news articles about peace or about conflict? Why?
73. What will you do to make a more peaceful world?
74. What is a symbol of peace? How did it become that symbol? What does the symbol mean to you?
75. Read a book or magazine or an article on the Internet and
find an example of people helping people. Write down the title of the book or article.
76. Read a book or magazine or an article on the Internet and find out something new about
people from different countries and how they live. Write down one new thing you learned.
77. Catch someone doing something kind and helpful. What did the person do?
78. Find a group or organization of people who work to help people
live better lives and learn more about that group. What is the name of the group and what do they do?
79. Give a smile to someone today. Describe a time today when
you smiled at someone. How do you think they felt to see you smile?
80. Look for ways to be helpful. What is one thing you can think of to be helpful?
81. Sit quietly and breathe in slowly (counting to 10) and breathe out slowly (counting to
10). How does this make you feel?
Write a “thank you” note to someone who was kind or helpful to you. Write down that you did it.
83. What does listening have to do with peace?
84. Share something you like that is positive with someone else.
Write down what you did. How did you feel?
Say something positive to lift the spirits of another person. Write down that you did it. How did you feel?
How do you think the other person felt?
86. Think of
a project you could do to help ease hunger or poverty. What is your idea? Who would you need to help you do it?
87. Listen politely when someone is talking to you and give that
person your full attention (no cell phone or other interruptions). Write down that you did it. Do you think the
person appreciated you listening in this way? Why?
Do you think laughter is good for peace? Why?
Does seeing a beautiful sunset bring you a feeling of peace? If so, why do think that is so? If not, what in nature
does bring you a feeling of peace?
up “happiness” on the Internet and find an interesting article about it. Write down the title of the article.
91-100. What did you think or do today that helped bring peace
into your world?
Think of More To Do’s!
Think and Do Peace!